In order to fulfill its Mission, AAWCM has committed to the following organizational objectives:
- Speak with one voice to CMS, Medicare Administrative Contractors, the OIG and other regulatory organizations on behalf of AAWCM members.
- Utilize the experience, expertise, and extensive data files of the AAWCM membership to represent hospital based wound care
centers on coding, coverage and payment issues.
- Work collaboratively with other wound care organizations to disseminate educational, research and outcome information to policy
makers and insurance companies.
- Promote the benefits of an integrated, multi-disciplinary approach to wound healing.
- Advocate for policies that ensure access to wound care providers and the most clinically effective
wound care treatments without placing an undo administrative burden on providers.